Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Weekly Elixir - January 28, 2008





Weekly Elixir – Rotary Club of Parry Sound
…for the week of January 28, 2008


Why I am a Rotarian – April 11, 2006

By Glenn Estess, Sr., RI President, 2004-2005

He wrote Why I am a Rotarian in April, 2006. His short essay follows – and I hope it will give you some idea of why you are a Rotarian – and why you should Share Rotary with many others in this community.

************

Rotarians are a diverse group of people, from different background and often of different cultures. We have learned firsthand that Rotary does contribute to better understanding among people. Each experience adds to our number of special friends.

When I witness the joy of a child and the appreciation of the mother as a result of our club providing a small playground at a local children’s hospital, when I talk with young people about career and educational opportunities, I know my Rotary efforts are worthwhile.

And then, most of all, the fellowship, friendship and sense of unity I experience in my club make me value membership in Shades Valley (Alabama, USA) Rotary above all else, except my church.

I appreciate being part of this, and I am a Rotarian because of it.

No comments: